Dane is saying some super funny things these days. He is constantly cracking us up...with the new things he's saying and the things he picks up from us and repeats. Here are some of his new sayings with a few pics at the end!
1. "Too Heavy" - everything he picks up is tooooo heaaavvvy. It started out as a legitimate complaint. He tried to carry his purple up the stairs, and that was clearly tooooo heaaavvvy. But then we started laughing when he would say it (because it was so cute), so now everything from his milk to a book is tooooo heaaavvvvy.
2. "Noooooooo" - Dane has officially hit the terrible two's. His response to most things is NO. Even if it's something he wants, the first thing out of his mouth is NO followed by a quick OK. The funny thing is his NO is said in a whine, sort of like he's saying "I can't believe you even asked me that."
3. "Ice Pack" - Dane has had two boo boo's from spinning this week. He loves to spin all over the floor and get really dizzy. His first boo boo came when he hit the bricks surrounding our fireplace. He got a pretty nice gash across his right ear. We took out the ice pack to reduce the swelling...he didn't think much of it the first time. Then, he spun out of control in the bathroom and nailed his head on our tub. We got out the ice pack again, and he let us keep it on his head during Diego. Each time we tried to take it off his head, he would look at us and say "more please." Now he asks for the ice pack when he wakes up and walks around with it all day. He just likes to hang on to it...
4. "Daddy fix it" - Dane thinks daddy can fix anything. A couple weeks ago, something broke (I can't remember what it was....), and I told Dane we had to wait until dad got home to fix it. Now, whenever I say something is broken. Dane says "Daddy fix it." Even if I know how to fix it. Hmph!
Here is Dane trying to fix his perfectly functioning School Bus.
5. "Pick it, Pick it" - Big D likes to pick things out for himself. From a bag of pretzels to the color of his sippy cup, he wants to "pick it." He's very opinionated :-)
6. "Holy Buckets" - The other night, right before bed, Dane got a HUGE burst of energy. This is pretty normal for him, however this was on a whole new level. He was squirming out of our arms as we laid him in his crib, and I said "Holy Buckets Dane." He immediately repeated it. We started cracking up, so then he said it over and over to get a reaction. I'm sure you can imagine what Buckets sounds like when an almost 2-year old says it. Ha ha!!
7. Dane likes to tell us what he wants for breakfast and lunch. We ask him what he wants for breakfast and it always includes SAUSAGE. Today he asked for sausage, blueberries and toast. When we ask him what he wants for lunch, it always includes SOUP. Today he asked for soup and grilled cheese. What a cutie!
8. Cruz came over the other day and he and Dane had a great time playing together. Shelly said it was almost easier taking care of both of them than it is just with Dane since they play so well together. Here are a couple pics of them playing.
9. Dane and I went over to see Simon and we had an impromptu photo shoot. It was mostly of Simon, but at the end we took some of both of them. Dane wasn't too into the whole thing, but we were able to still get a couple shots. This is one of our favorites.