Tuesday, September 1, 2009

3 Months and Counting!!!

Little E turned 3 months last week. We did our monthly photoshoot in the usual chair. Erik is definitely filling out and he is even starting to get chunky thighs. So much fun...

Love it when his toes are curled!


I bribed Dane with a Fruit Strip if he would pose with Erik as well. Of course, as you've probably noticed, Dane was just in his Diaper. I don't even know why we buy him clothes.


I love Erik's eyes in this one...


...and his focus in this one.


Grabbed this one while Dane was playing with his CD player. He let me get really close and just snap away for about 5 minutes.


Little E sleeps in a "Miracle Blanket." This thing is essentially a straight jacket for babies. Some friends of ours recommended it and Erik really seems to sleep well with it. I would recommend it to anyone.


Erik's lower lip pouts out while he is sleeping.


Dane has been testing us recently. We'll ask him to do something, and he'll either run the other way or just stand there and look at us in total defiance. The other day, we were playing outside in the cul-de-sac just before bedtime I told Dane we had to go inside. He immediately ran over to our neighbor's lawn and laid down in protest. He was in a really calm mood, however, and I happened to have the camera with me.




We had a memorial service last week. Dane's second CD player was finally laid to rest. The service was quick and deliberate and Dane's "eugoogily" was perfect. An air of respect permeated the event and I know Dane is ready to move on. The Paparazzi showed up too!





R.I.P.


Not to fear, Grandma Z had a spare CD player for Dane. He has already prayed a blessing over his new best friend and has figured out the new buttons.

7 comments:

Hans-Dieter said...

I love this post! These pictures are once again amazing. I will take a moment of silence for the CD player....... Happy 3 months Erik!

Cathy Bolander said...

I love how much Dane loves his CD players. And what a cutie pie Erik is. Getting so big & chunky & both boys look so cute together. I too love when their toes curl. My oldest is almost 3 & his still do that.

Nana said...

Love the pics of Little E... and his dimples! And Dane is SO serious in the "ceremony" to put the purple to rest! Now it looks like he has a "red." Can't wait to see all of you in just a few more days! D will be able to help us take Pepper for a walk, since we're staying at a hotel that allows us to bring her with us! Photo op time for sure!

Tootle Family said...

Love these pictures. Can't get over Erik...three months! He's precious, as Dane always is adorable.

I can't get over the CD player, and his love for it.

Mel said...

Awesome! Dane is so funny and so darn cute! hahaha! His love for CD's just makes me laugh. :) Little E is getting to be such a big boy...just a cutie pie! Great post!

Sauter said...

Erik is getting so big! And we are on the same page w/ Savannah as you are with Dane - "NO" is her favorite word, said loudly and with total defiance! :)

Woods Family said...

Ok the grass pictures are AMAZING! Matt never ceases to disappoint when it comes to creativity and color! The CD funeral post was hilarious! Sooo fun to read and giggle out loud! Erik is beautiful and no, I cannot believe is 3 months old! Where are pictures of the CA surf trip??????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...