Thursday, August 29, 2013

And That's a Wrap!

Hello to my 4 readers out there!  I hope you've had an ah-mazing summer!!!!

I've decided it's time to address the radio silence....

I have taken the last month (or so) to decide if I should continue blogging.  
I have loved it for SIX YEARS.  But all of a sudden, it was feeling like too much.  
Life was feeling like too much, you know what I mean?  Being a wife and a mom and an introvert who needs her time & space....well, life was simply leaving me exhausted all the time.  

And, all of a sudden, blogging felt like one more thing.  One more thing that I didn't feel like spending my time on.  
And it dawned on me that I didn't have to do it. 

So, with a heavy heart, I've decided to stop.  
And by doing so, I'm allowing myself time & energy for other things in my life.  

Matt will still take pictures.  
I will still make photo books with his beautiful pictures.
We will still celebrate the big & little moments with our boys.
Life will go on as usual...I just won't be thinking about which pictures to post and when to post them.  
And then feeling guilty that it's been a loooong time since I posted (like I do now :-).

I will still be posting iPhone pics on Instagram, so please follow me (ShellyZitz) if you 
want to keep up with our everyday life.

A huge THANK YOU to anyone who has ever read this blog.  
I appreciate you spending time to read about our life and our family.  
Thanks for being a part of this!!!!

Love,
Shelly


8 comments:

Becca Groves said...

It totally get this. And I'm totally bummed too. I've loved your blog, your style, your boys and following your adventures. But I also get the hanging-over-my-head thing, and the second this starts to feel like homework, it's just not worth it.

That said, I'll keep you in my reader in case you ever do happen to post again. :)

Joyfully,
Becca

Paula Townsend said...

I too will miss seeing pictures of your family. I totally understand as I was once a mother of 3 young children. Toughest but most rewarding experience of my life! A stress free (or less stress) mommy is a happy mommy!

Mel said...

Loved reading/looking at your blog Shelly but I totally understand. If it becomes a "chore" it's no longer worth it.

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us over the years!!

Take care!!

Missy and Michael said...

I completely get it, Shell. You've done an amazing job keeping up with the blog and it's been a joy to have shared in your experiences. Sad to see you go, but this just means one thing... more play dates, coffee dates, and double dates! We gotta get our Zitz fix more often face-to-face now :) xoxo

The Family said...

I will miss your blogging too - but as the others have noted (I'm number five so you did have more than four followers - smile) I completely understand how time consuming it is and am impressed at how long you have kept at it. Great job! Thanks for sharing the info on how we can keep in touch on instagram - I'll have to have Abbey give me a crash course. Peace.

The Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Understand Shelly. I'll for sure follow you on Instagram. What a beautiful family and I've enjoyed watching you grow and seeing your sweet lovely family.

I'm only doing updates for out of town people once every few months. but will probably end up stopping. My girls started me and they no longer do it. :( It was fun while it lasted.

I think more people looked then you thing.

See you on instagram.

Clipping Solutions said...

I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Keep writing.
Footwear photo editing services
Background Removal Service
clipping path service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...