Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Speed Racer

If anyone were to have asked me if the farthest I would ever run would occur when I was 30, I would have laughed at them. But here I am running my first 10 mile race. And it was actually FUN. I'm tempted to sign up for a half-marathon...next year :-)
Here are two of my favorite supporters! Aunt Kristin is due in August.
I had just given Dane a kiss in this picture. And he ran after me. I didn't know that until Matt showed me this picture...it melts my heart.
Here are Britni and I at the finish line. Britni is the reason I ran this race in the first place. We couldn't have asked for better weather (75 degrees) or a better course (downtown Minneapolis right by the Mississippi river). It was great!

11 comments:

Tootle Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Hans-Dieter said...

Run Shelly... RUNNNN!!! And look at Aunt Kristin. Congrats to her as well.

Nicole Svendsen said...

great work shelly. 10 miles is a big deal.

boo arnold said...

I'm SO impressed!!! Way to go:)))

stace

Nana said...

Yay for you, Shel. Ambitious! You look great. Kristin is looking good too, and healthy.

Sara said...

That is fantastic Shelly. What a great accomplishment.

J.J. Killins said...

BIG huge congrats my friend...that's HUGE 10 miles! let me run it with you next year!!!

Cathy Bolander said...

Good for you Shelly. That's awesome. Maybe I should sign up for a race... maybe that would motivate me to get back in shape again.

Katie said...

Congratulations--that is really awesome!

Happy Belated Birthday Dane!

Carrie said...

WOW! Nice work, Shell! I'm VERY impressed!!

Wendyhooten said...

Awesome, Shell. I am proud of you. And the pic of Dane running after yoou is too precious and priceless. I was tearing up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...